Safe from Harm can assist those living, working or studying in the following suburbs:
Essendon North & West
The Flemington and Kensington Community Legal Centre prioritises those living and working in Flemington or Kensington. However, you may be referred to the Safe from Harm lawyer at the Moonee Valley Legal Service.
The Moonee Valley Legal Service prioritises those living in the City of Moonee Valley. However, you may be referred to the Safe from Harm lawyer at the Flemington and Kensington Community Legal Centre.
There is no cost for the services provided. However, limited resources mean certain populations are prioritised. If you do not meet eligibility requirements or we think there is a more appropriate service for you we may refer you to that service.
What we help with
Safe from Harm may be able to assist you with the following matters:
- Applications for Family Violence Intervention Orders (‘IVOs’)
- Applications to change/amend or extend existing Family Violence Intervention Orders
- Completing further and better particulars
- Reporting family violence to the police, including reporting breaches of existing orders
- Advice to respondents to Intervention Orders
- Advice about the terms of an Intervention Order
- Making parenting arrangements or divorcing where there is an Intervention Order
- Making parenting arrangements (including parenting plans) following separation
- Applying for parenting court orders
- Making an application for divorce
- Applications for issue of passports and/or airport watch list orders
We cannot provide advice or assistance in relation to division of property following separation.
- Applications to the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT)
- Assistance with legal matters related to family violence – fines, debt, tenancy
- Police Complaints